More from The Safety Blog on How Workplace Safety Applies to Every Business. Safety best practices, no matter what your business is, are:
- Maintain safety plans and protocols - who is responsible for what, when, and how
- Implement those plans
- Have emergency plans - who will do what, when, how, and where they will find what they need
- Drill on those plans! The more rare the events you’re preparing for and the worse they will be if/when they happen, the more you should prepare for them, so people know what to do in an emergency.
- Keep and maintain Material Safety Data Sheets on all hazardous materials
- Maintain adequate worker’s compensation insurance